Monday, February 8, 2010

A Family Is A Family

I saw A Family Is A Family Is A Family last night on HBO and thought it was lovely.  Mostly because of the kids in the documentary and the way they interacted with each other and talked about their families.  Some of the subjects were sensitive ones that some parents don't even discuss with their kids until later on, like adoption or in vitro fertilization so I was surprised when these little kids talked about these things with such understanding (as much their age would permit) and love.  They embraced their lives and families and felt loved, which is something I think we all hope for our kids.

I know not everyone is going to agree with the message of the documentary but I think there are pieces that every mom will find heartwarming and sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see that! I feel so strongly about that subject and I tear up just thinking about little children who have to explain to grownups what it means to embrace love and understanding.

    ReplyDelete