Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Little Soap Box

I think the show The Bachelor is so awful.  It's completely demeaning to women and sets a terrible example for young girls.  I cringe at the way they pit women against each other for the affections of a man. And don't get me started on how the women use any means possible to get the attention of this one alpha man that finds himself worthy to judge and test each of them.  Arghhhh, it's just awful.

OK, now I will get off my soap box.   :)

I'll be back in a few hours with something yummy to share with you!

5 comments:

  1. Too true, Anastasia. It just plays off the worst in human nature... not unlike most reality TV. This idea that you put a bunch of people in this isolated pressure-cooker for a few weeks and expect a REAL relationship to form? Nuts. I think the success rate of relationships post-show says it all. And yet the ratings must support it as a viable business proposition... until women say "no more" (I don't know a single guy who could sit through that show), it will continue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherilee - You're so right, women are the ones that are watching for the most part. I just don't understand how it's fun to watch women in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even decide if it's real anymore. I haven't watched in five or six years - but seriously, are those couples REALLY looking for love? I mean singles - are they really looking for love? Because I'm pretty sure they're looking in the wrong place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think reality TV in general is awful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been able to get into these shows. First of all - reality TV bores me. But more importantly - I just don't love the whole "trainwreck" aspect of it. Everyone loves watching how horrible the people are on this and other reality TV shows, but it just makes me cringe.

    And it annoys me how they become celebrities.

    ReplyDelete