Thursday, January 28, 2010

Elizabeth Breaks Free

I didn't want to write about this because I want to keep my posts light but I couldn't help it.  I'm so disgusted with John Edwards.  It's beyond words.

I generally don't have such a visceral reaction when finding out some famous person has cheated on their wife, it happens every day to regular people in every part of the world.  But to cheat on your wife when she has a terminal illness, lie about it repeatedly, try to cover it up behind the scenes with who knows what methods and then drag your poor wife through the entire ordeal publicly for years?  That's simply unforgivable.

There are so many times when he could have done the "right" thing to avoid more pain for this wife and family but each time he chose the coward's way out.

 Here's a video of Elizabeth talking to Oprah about the affair.  It's heartbreaking.  That poor woman.  I'm so glad she has finally decided to leave him!


4 comments:

  1. Really heartbreaking. Tragic. And he's just such a jerk I can't even think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have you heard about the new book out that exposes Elizabeth as a raging bitch who demeaned John all the time? It's about the whole presidential race last time around, I think it's called "Game Change."

    Not that any of that is an excuse.. John has conducted himself like the complete ass that he is and she should have kicked him to the curb ages ago.

    But it's hard to know what's really going on between two people... She did what she thought was best at the time, probably, and now the cost of staying or even appearing to be on his team is just too high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. This is sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherilee - I have heard of it. I don't know if I believe the whole picture he's trying to draw of her. I suspect that it's somewhere in the middle, people are complicated. She wanted him to win so she might have said some things but under that kind of stress and with such a serious illness, I think anyone might show some unpleasant sides. Either way, I still think he's disgusting.

    ReplyDelete