Thursday, May 27, 2010

Five Years Ago

Five years ago today I was in the hospital giving birth to my first son. With his arrival my life changed forever. Nothing would ever be the same. I was no longer just in charge of my own life, I was responsible for the life of another human being. My actions determined the survival and health of someone else. Wow. That's one giant step in terms of life changes.

I didn't realize what life really meant until I had my sons. Being a mother changed my molecules. It made me love like I had never loved before and showed me fear that I could not comprehend. Nothing prepared me for the all encompassing power of it.

I'm so grateful I had the chance to become a mother. My boys are the world to me and I feel so blessed for them and for the wonderful man that I was lucky enough to meet and create this life with. Every day I'm thankful for them.

Me and my three boys! :)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to him! The year that everyone at the office had a baby...I stopped drinking the water around that time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly sweet and honest. Happy Birthday to your son, and happy birth day to you! Isn't motherhood just awesome?! Totally my favorite role in life, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, five years. That's awesome! You're so right about feeling love AND fear like you've never known! But it's so worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time believing that it's been five years... I remember talking to you in the hospital five years ago today. Happy happy birthday to your angel!

    ReplyDelete