Friday, October 24, 2008

Today With My Boys

Today was one of those days that makes all the bad days worth it. The bad mommy days. The days where the kids are just beyond unruly and for some reason one or the other is at all times completely unbearable.

Today, the boys were both lit up with joy and ideas. They talked to me and each other and shared their thoughts about the world.

Today, I didn't raise my voice ONCE (I know, it doesn't sound like a huge accomplishment but unfortunately for me it is...with two toddlers running around it's not unusual for me to raise my voice at some time during the day).

Today, I watched my boy take care of his little brother.

Today, I was 100% sure that I made the right decision to stay home.

Today, I was not waiting for my husband get home in the afternoon so he could help me with the kids.

Today, my son showed me the kind of man he could become.

Today, my baby's giggles made me giggle even harder.

Today was a good day.

4 comments:

  1. :) that was really touching. i have goosebumps. i'm glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those the best? It really does make you feel better. I can feel myself relaxing when I'm with my little guys and just having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I have tears in my eyes. Those days are the best. I almost feel like the bad days are necessary to truly appreciate the good days. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a perfect day with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a good day. I don't think I've had a day without raising my voice (and that counts work days when I only see them in the morning and evening.

    ReplyDelete