This is going to be the first in a series of posts on how much I love Christmas!
I love everything about the entire Christmas season but here are a few of my favorites:
1. Building your own gingerbread house (I've never done this before...we usually buy one...but this year, I'm determined to build one with the kids. Feel free to send me advice on how to do this because I have NO clue!).
2. The tree (who doesn't love a Christmas tree? Every year, including this one, I insist on the real thing and every year by the end of the season, I understand why people buy fake ones!).
3. Christmas/holiday music (I can't get enough of it...especially the classics by Sinatra, Elvis, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby etc.)
4. Decorations (I love decorating the tree, the fireplace mantels, the front door, the stairway...basically anything that will bring more cheer to the house).
5. Joy (the feeling of joy throughout the season is palpable and there is a real spirit of generosity and kindness which I find inspiring).
6. Cookies (again I've never made Christmas cookies before but this year I'd love to make a few kinds with the kids. Please send me your favorite Christmas cookie recipes...I promise to try and make them and report back to you how I do!).
7. Presents (this is not my favorite part since I'm a terrible shopper but I really like giving the people I care about something special for the holidays...this year I'm going to try to do more handmade or photo/writing based gifts).
8. Parties (we don't go out that much but during the holidays I love getting all dressed up -bring on the red lipstick!!! - and going to fun holiday parties).
9. Lights (I love the lights everywhere - streets, trees, building, windows - I don't understand why we don't do that all year round? It's so fun and festive!).
10. It's the perfect excuse to eat, drink and be merry!