Monday, September 27, 2010

The Love Is Too Much!

Do you sometimes want to shout out to the world how much you love your children? It's insane how we feel about our kids, isn't it? I sometimes just look at their pictures when they're at school and marvel at how much I love them. It scares me a little.

You might be wondering where I've been. Haven't blogged in a long time.

Well, the good news is that I've been away because I'm doing well. My kids started school for the first time so I have some real free time at home. YEAH!!! Wow, it feels great.

Then about two weeks before they went back to school a friend of mine asked me if I would join their non profit start up and help them raise money and get their company off the ground. I said yes. It's very meaningful work and although there is no money in the near future for my work I feel good about doing it. The company helps women in crisis (recently divorced or widowed) get back on their feet by offering them a plethora of services including career training, legal counsel, financial advice etc. It's a great idea and I hope it takes off.

And with the kids in new schools there is a hundred school and "mom/parent" activities which I've been overwhelmed with but also enjoyed a lot.

How are you?

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing well and enjoying your free time and your new pursuit! Miss your posts girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to be helping out with--they are lucky to have your talents! Enjoy these days with the kids--and also your time by yourself--it goes by in a flash!

    Nice to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I thought I'd have more time for blogging with all of the kids in school for blocks of time, but not so much...

    ReplyDelete