I was thinking today about how much I love the name I picked for my blog. It took weeks of torturing my husband with suggestions and what-do-you-think-of-thises. I would e-mail him at work and demand that he e-mail me back immediately and tell me what he thought of my new blog title suggestion like it was the most important thing in the world not caring that he had a million more important things to think about, including his actual work!!!
And then I was watching Reality Bites (OMG, I love the part that Ethan Hawk and what's-her-name hook up and then he leaves in the morning...total 80s angst movie) and Ethan's character was being sarcastic and said those four words and I thought how great they were. They work either way...happy or totally sarcastic.
Now I see that no matter how many times I change my mind about what I'm going to do with my life or what great new adventure I'd like to embark on, the title still applies. Just in the last several months I've changed my mind about a dozen times about what this blog would be about:
1. Entertainment - My love for TV, movies, music, and gossip are limitless and burst of fruit flavor could totally encapsulate my little tid bits of info on all the crazy entertainment finds and news.
2. Food - Recipes, blogs, pictures, travel and anything else having to do with finding, eating, sharing, loving food could easily fit with the title....fruit and flavor...Yummy.
3. Writing - Every sentence that I write makes me think of all the great elements of life and the bursts that fill all of our lives with different flavors...both sweet and sour.
4. Painting - It makes think of the colors that go into creating something beautiful and how colors can totally transform the way you feel.
5. Mothering - Being a mother, especially a stay at home mother, means going through each day doing a lot of ordinary and sometimes mundane things but each day also includes bursts of love, joy, magic, and lots of life's sweet flavors!
I hope your day is filled with little moments of fruit flavor!