Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sharing A Smile

I love life sometimes.

The kind of love that fills your whole body with tingles. When you can't stop smiling and you don't even know why.

The last few days I've been filled with a kind of joy that is surprising. I think entering the Christmas season definitely has something to do with it but it's not all.

It also has to do with taking chances.  Taking chances on people. Opening yourself and your heart to strangers and seeing them surprise you by returning your kindness.  Seeing the good in people and the power of kindness.

I'm glad that I'm still able to do that. Even with my cynicism and sometimes jaded attitude about the world, once in a while I let my guard down and am surprised by the goodness of people and the world.

I send you a big smile and hug!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh that was sweet and exactly what I needed today. I too have traditionally enjoyed the holiday season, but lately feel that it is a time of great sadness for many people--missed loved ones, reminders of hurt, etc. I have a hard time balancing the joy with the reality sometimes... your shared smile reminds me to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling even more gloomy about Christmas this year. Usually the hours and hours of traveling that we have to do bring me very down and I just knew things would be different this year since we've planned to stay home. But things feel heavier for some reason. I just try to put it in the back of my mind and be thankful for what I have and the opportunities given to me in these hard times.

    Thank you for the touching post. I love to be surprised by the goodness of others.

    I wish you and your family and very happy Christmas and many blessings for the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete